⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Where to find the latest cf-conventions?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:07:33 +0000

Dear Bert

> Since the geometries discussion seems to have finalized, we would like to use the Geometries described in the cf-conventions GitHub repository at
> https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-conventions/blob/master/ch07.adoc#geometries
>
> However, I'm a bit confused about the formal status since the cf-conventions main GitHub page
> https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-conventions
> states "This is an unofficial work-in-progress to show ...". Is this text accurate or obsolete?

That text is out-of-date. That is the correct repository.

> And the latest 1.8 draft of the cf-conventions according
> http://cfconventions.org/cf-conventions/cf-conventions.html
> does not yet contain any section on the geometries. Should this be updated?

Yes. I assume that means it hasn't been merged. Once it has been, it will be
appear in the working draft of 1.8.

We got a bit stuck with GitHub because of not having decided how to handle
notifications. However, we will make a decision about this very soon, and then
should be able to proceed with the move to GitHub from trac.

> Which one of the cf-conventions documents indicates the official latest draft?

The current version is 1.7. More than six months have passed since that was
released, so it is time for 1.8 to be released. We should do that soon.