⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] solar irradiance components

From: Jared Lee <jaredlee>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 15:14:01 -0600

Hi, I'm new to the list, and I'd like to ask a question. Are there
CF-compliant variable names established yet for the various components of
solar irradiance? I found in a thread from earlier in 2018 (
https://www.mail-archive.com/cf-metadata at cgd.ucar.edu/msg07263.html) that
the following names were suggested:

global_horizontal_irradiance
direct_normal_irradiance
diffuse_horizontal_irradiance

Have these names been adopted? We're working on converting observational
datasets from disparate sources for several projects into a common format
to facilitate the usage of common scripts/tools. We'd like to use CF
compliant names when possible.

Jared

--
Jared A. Lee, Ph.D.