⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Platform Heave

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 10:47:00 -0500

Hi.

There are other standard names that call for a separate attribute or
variable that provides context. The attributes (at the moment) are all
standard CF attributes (cell_methods, flag_meanings, comment, etc). I'd
love to get feedback from the community about whether or not a
directionality attribute would need to described as a "standard" CF
attribute.

I'll be glad to rework the definitions to make them directionality-agnostic
when I get back next week.

Grace and peace,

Jim

[image: CICS-NC] <http://www.cicsnc.org/>Visit us on
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc> *Jim Biard*
*Research Scholar*
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC <http://cicsnc.org/>
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information <http://ncdc.noaa.gov/>
*formerly NOAA?s National Climatic Data Center*
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org
o: +1 828 271 4900

*Connect with us on Facebook for climate
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate> and ocean and geophysics
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo> information, and follow us on
Twitter at _at_NOAANCEIclimate
<http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate>and _at_NOAANCEIocngeo