⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] matlab tool on CF convention?

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 08:59:45 -0400

Edward Barandalla wrote:

>I wonder if any of you use matlab tools on netcdf-CF
>convention to translate your files? Does it exist?

I generate my cf-compliant netcdf files with matlab, but the
implementation is not exactly at a level that's suitable for
distribution. I just use the netcdf toolbox, and use parameter
names and attributes that are cf-compliant for output. I know
several others do this too.

As far as I know, there isn't a generic tool that can create cf files
out of whatever's in the matlab workspace, and I'm not sure there
could be one. My implementation depends on mapping known input
parameters to cf output; it would certainly be interesting to use a
web-based vocabulary mapping service to do the mapping, but that's
way over my head at this point.

Cheers - Nan Galbraith

* Nan Galbraith            Upper Ocean Processes Group       *
* Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Woods Hole, MA 02540  *
* http://uop.whoi.edu      (508) 289-2444                    *