⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] accessory parameters

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:50:44 +0000

Dear Roy

> Main reason I used 'oxygen probe membrane temperature' was to distinguish between two temperatures (membrane and ambient water) returned by some types of YSI oxygen sensor.

OK. I wonder which Nan meant.

> Oxygen membrane temperature is of no value unless accompanied by the current flowing through the membrane, which is the parameter used with the temperature to calculate oxygen concentration. It therefore not a qualifier of the oxygen concentration in the way you suggest.

Are you saying that both oxygen membrane temperature and current (is that
m3 s-1?) through the membrane are both used to calculate oxygen concentration?
What I meant was, will they be stored with the oxygen concentration, or do they
need to be able to be stored separately? Likewise, will the water temperature
in the oxygen sensor be stored separately?

Cheers

Jonathan