⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Azimuthal Equidistant Projection

From: Brian Eaton <eaton>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:23:26 -0700

If the grid is not a rectangular lat/lon grid then the conventions
described in section 5.2 need to be used. This provides for 2D lat/lon
arrays. Section 5.6 also applies to your data, and the example for Lambert
conformal projection is probably very close to what you need. The only
thing missing is the definition for the Azimuthal Equidistant Projection
which is not currently contained in Appendix F. I propose adding the
following entry to Appendix F:

Azimuthal equidistant

grid_mapping_name = azimuthal_equidistant

Map parameters:

    * longitude_of_projection_origin
    * latitude_of_projection_origin
    * false_easting
    * false_northing

Map coordinates: The x (abscissa) and y (ordinate) rectangular coordinates
are identified by the standard_name attribute values
projection_x_coordinate and projection_y_coordinate respectively.

Notes: Notes on using the PROJ.4 software package for computing the mapping
may be found at
http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/azimuthal_equidistant.html

Brian