⇐ ⇒

Antwort: [CF-metadata] one new standard name

From: Burkhardt.Rockel at gkss.de <Burkhardt.Rockel>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:46:33 +0100

Dear Jonathan

I see, thank you for the clearification.
Then there is no standard name presently, in case I want to use the
integrated value (kg m-2) for the change in atmospheric water content due
to advection?
Any chance to get one in the next time?

Regards
Burkhardt

Jonathan Gregory <jonathan at met.reading.ac.uk> schrieb am 24.02.2006
16:04:14:

> Dear Burkhardt
>
> I don't think you sent this one to the list, did you? I am replying to
> you directly.
>
> > I propose to use (kg m-2 s-1) since the other tendencies in the
standard
> > name table are also in (s-1).
> OK
>
> > I can use the cell_methods attribute with "time: sum" in case of (kg
m-2
> > s-1). Actually this would also be the case for (kg m-2).
> I don't think so, actually. The method "sum" doesn't imply an integral.
If
> you look in appendix D, you see it does not change the units. All it
means
> is that the quantity is a property of the whole box, rather than a point
> value. That's the difference between precipitation_amount and
precipitation_
> flux. The former usually has cell_methods of sum (which would be
default)
> and the latter usually cell_methods of mean (the default would be an
> instantaneous measurement of the flux).
>
> > By the way, I just realized the units for
large_scale_precipitation_flux