⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Specifying a wavelength for a standard_name

From: sdj at tiscali.it <sdj>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:03:26 +0100 (CET)

Dear All,
In reference to a previuous discussion about the standard name
"Diffuse Attenuation Coefficient", may I ask if the following notation
is correct to represent Diffuse Attenuation Coefficient at 490nm ?

<ncdump -h kd490.nc>

float kd490 (x, y)
        kd490:standard_name =
"volume_attenuation_coefficient_of_downwelling_radiative_flux_in_sea_water"
;
        kd490:long_name = "Mean Diffuse Attenuation Coefficient at
490nm" ;
        kd490:coordinate = "490nm" ;
        kd490:units = "m-1" ;

Is this the correct way to specify the wavelength, or do I need to add
a different/another attribute somewhere else ?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Pepe

Tiscali ADSL 4 Mega Flat
Naviga senza limiti con l'unica Adsl a 4 Mega di velocit? a soli 19,95 ? al mese!
Attivala subito e hai GRATIS 2 MESI e l'ATTIVAZIONE.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/banner/middlepagetracking.html?c=webmailadsl&r=http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/4flat_tc/&a=webmail&z=webmail&t=14