⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cf2 progress

From: Bryan Lawrence <b.n.lawrence>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:45:43 +0000

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 16:27, Bryan Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I thought I should report that I hope to summarise the feedback on the
> whitepaper very shortly ...

Rather than summarise feedback, i've put it (nearly) verbatim on my wiki at
http://home.badc.rl.ac.uk/lawrence/cf2responses

(Obviously we'll copy this stuff onto a CF wiki/forum at some future time).

Any further feedback, either via email, or as comments on that page, are
welcome, but formally now, the CF authors should decide whether these
existing responses require any change of tack.

We're slightly behind our timetable (step one has taken two months, thanks to
my tardiness). My take on the responses is that the major issues are to
 - nail down governance expectations
 - make best use of external structures
and there are a number of useful specific suggestions to think about, but
there is no show-stopping feedback.

Cheers
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research