⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] mixed layer depth

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:40:30 +0000

Dear Frederique

The Levitus (1994) atlas, for instance, calculates mixed layer depths every-
where by both temperature and density criteria. In GCMs with a mixed layer
scheme such as Kraus-Turner, the ML depth reports how deep the mixing
penetrated. These are all different things and I believe they might all be
reported and compared for a given region, so I think we need to distinguish
them.