⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] mixed layer depth

From: Frederique Blanc <fblanc>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:20:42 +0100

Dear all

I think the attribute reference or level of reference if it exits will fit
with that. To my understanding, there is only one valid ocean mixed layer
thickness which is associated to a typical ocean area, like the
rtempertaure one for the altantic or the density for mediterranean sea.

Regards
Fr?d?rique

At 10:25 28/11/2005, Jonathan Gregory wrote:

>Dear Tony
>
>Bryan Lawrence has pointed out that these quantities should not have different
>standard names if they are really the same quantity diagnosed by different
>methods. I think they are truly different quantities and so do need different
>standard names. Therefore instead of
>
> > ocean_mixed_layer_thickness_diagnosed_from_mixing_scheme
> > ocean_mixed_layer_thickness_diagnosed_from_temperature
> > ocean_mixed_layer_thickness_diagnosed_from_sigma_t
> > ocean_mixed_layer_thickness_diagnosed_from_sigma_theta
>
>perhaps another phrase e.g. according_to or defined_by would be a better
>choice
>than diagnosed_from. What do you think?
>
>Cheers
>
>Jonathan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frederique Blanc

CLS,Space oceanography Division / Direction Oc?anographie Spatiale
Product Information and Diffusion / D?partement Information et Diffusion de
Produits
8-10 rue Hermes,
31526 Ramonville-St-Agne, Cedex, France

Email: frederique.blanc at cls.fr