⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] lake standard names

From: Burkhardt Rockel <Burkhardt.Rockel>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:13:29 +0100

Hi Roy and Jonathan,

using "sea" instead of "lake" would be fine with me. There is the
long name anyway that I can use for further description.
However, I need at least one parameter that contains information how
to distinguish between ocean and lake in a gridbox. The model needs
to know for which grid box the lake subroutine should be switched
on. Can we introduce a parameter called "lake_area_fraction" analogue
to "sea_area_fraction" and "land_area_fraction"? Or do ypu have any
other Idea how to distinguish between ocean and lake grid boxes?

By the way, what is the difference between "sea" and "ocean". When
should I use "ocean" and when "sea" for standard_names?

Regards
Burkhardt

-----------
Dr. Burkhardt Rockel