⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposed Standard Names

From: Bryan Lawrence <b.n.lawrence>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:26:11 +0100

Hi Folks

Just as a general point, if we want to maintain as much interoperability
between vocabs as possible, then we want to avoid as much pushing off of
semantic information to the coordinate variable ... so I would argue for
keeping words like "surface" and "back" available as modifiers of standard
names

(I know that currently we don't use them as modifiers per se, but we may have
that option in the future).

Cheers
Bryan