⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] GIS versus CF conventions

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:16:59 +0100

Dear Magi

> in the case of staggered grids having two lat/lon grids which are
> off-set by half the grid resolution is somewhat silly.

I don't think so. It means that plotting/processing applications which can
interpret auxiliary coordinates will be able to use the data. I am sure that
there will be far less software having the capability to interpret map
projections and other grid descriptions (yet to be defined). To make the
metadata as useful as possible, it has to be given in simple terms.

Cheers

Jonathan