⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Thoughts about CF future

From: Rich Signell <rsignell>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:01:03 -0400

We (some of us at USGS & NOAA) have also been pushing CF to the ocean modeling
community as the recommended way to write regularly gridded files. We are
hoping that CF can also embrace unstructured grid data, as many ocean models use
finite element or finite volume meshes to resolve complicated coastal geometry.
  Can we consider adding this as a task for a subgroup?

I will not be attending the GO-ESSP meeting either, but I personally would be
willing to sign up for subgroups tasked with developing:

1) GIS conventions
2) Staggered grid conventions
3) Unstructured grid conventions

-Rich

--
Richard P. Signell
U.S. Geological Survey       Phone: (508) 457-2229