⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] The CF Standard Names

From: NGalbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:02:49 -0500

Hi -

> I am new to the list and working on a project to provide
> historical and real-time NetCDF datasets for all moored buoys
> through the NDBC dods server. When we are finalizing
> the variable names, I see the following statements from
> the CF Convention ...

I am also trying to get real tme buoy measurements into a
cf-compliant netcdf format.

Can you tell me if you have selected CF-style "standard names"
for shortwave and longwave measurements? What about precipitaion
sensors?

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out which of the many
radiaiton names will work, as I don't have a measured angle
of radiation for these sensors. As far as precipitaion, I like
to retain the rain gauge level, which is in mm, but this seems
to make the CF-checker unhappy.

Thanks -
Nan Galbraith

* Nan Galbraith Upper OCean Processes Group *
* Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Woods Hole, MA 02543 *