⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Units: absolute vs difference

From: Roy Lowry <rkl>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:16:19 +0100

Steve,

In the semantic modelling approach I'm taking to parameter naming there
is a repeating pattern developing whereby one element of the model
subsets another. Taking your example, my approach would be to have a
single parameter element (tendency of air temperature) with three
parameter subgroup elements (due to diabatic processes etc.). In this
way, the grouping semantics are preserved.

I am convinced information atomisation holds more promise than the
development of increasingly sophisticated naming schemes for the
creation of machine-comprehensible parameter descriptions.

Cheers, Roy.