⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Radar parameters - another try

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:05:28 +0000

Dear Ag

Thanks. It is important that the standard name table should accommodate your
needs. The definition is clear for your purpose but I think the standard name
itself is too vague. Since it is a wind, we ought to call it air_velocity,
and we should indicate the size convention. With your sign convention that
would make it inward_radial_air_velocity. Would that be OK?

This quantity is not properly defined unless you say which direction the radar
is pointing in. What do you call this direction?