⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] UTM projections

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:00:10 +0100

Dear John

Thanks for looking into this. If people want to use it with CF, I agree it
should be supported. Since we want it to be self-describing as far as possible,

> 1. If there is standard ellipsoid for each zone, it would be nice if
> the ellipsoid parameter could be optional, since many may not know what
> to put there.
But we should say in the appendix what these defaults are.

> 2. We probably want a controlled set of ellipsoid names (?)
with appropriate links to further information which defines them.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about this projection. As with other issues,
I suggest it is up to those who want to use it, and therefore who know how it
can/should be used, to propose the requirement.