⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Encoding Errors on variables in CF

From: Stephens, A <A.Stephens>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:08:53 +0100

I agree with John that the contents of the standard name string will be
easier to parse and therefore more accessible as:

"my_standard_name my_ancillary_variable" such as
        "wind_from_direction standard_error"

This would mean that your software can process the variable name from the
standard name list and then move onto the ancillary information. It will
also raise less errors when new ancillary variable types have been added but
have not been plumbed into all the CF-compliant software out there.

Ag