⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Encoding Errors on variables in CF

From: Jonathan Gregory <jonathan.gregory>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:10:38 +0000

Dear Ag

> Has anyone created or suggested a standard way of encoding errors associated
> with a particular variable into CF?

I agree with your approach. Such quantities should have standard names and
should be separate data variables. We could include the required prefix in the
Transformations section of the guidelines. It's not quite a transformation but
it's a similar idea.

Could we be more accurate/precise than "error"? For instance, does it mean
"uncertainty"? Does it mean one standard deviation?