⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Need for area_fraction_of_land(sea-ice,and ocean)

From: Jonathan Gregory <jonathan.gregory>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 09:08:46 +0000

Dear Eric

> In looking at the CF standard name table there is
> a name for "area_fraction", but I need specific
> names for area_fraction of sea-ice, land, and ocean.

These are already in the current draft of the standard_name table:

land_area_fraction
sea_area_fraction
sea_ice_area_fraction

There are a few other standard_name containing the string "area_fraction" also.
I hope that's OK.

By the way, we are currently preparing a new draft of the table, taking into
account the comments that have been made so far. This will be available soon.
We intend that the table will continue to grow in response to requests for
additions.

Best wishes

Jonathan Gregory jonathan.gregory at metoffice.com
phone +44 1344 854542 fax +44 1344 854898
Hadley Centre, Met Office, London Road, Bracknell, Berks., UK. RG12 2SY