⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed new standard name for storm surge residual

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 15:03:48 +0000

Dear Andy,

I agree with Jonathan that specifically referencing LAT in the Standard Name would be better. In the UK sea level community there is a tendency to use the term 'chart datum' when what is really meant is 'Admiralty Chart Datum', which is defined as LAT. Some other navies (e.g. Australia) use LAT as chart datum, but others do not. Therefore on a global scale 'chart datum' can have many meanings.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.