⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] C4MIP: final two terms for CMIP6

From: Martin Juckes - UKRI STFC <martin.juckes>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:25:44 +0000

Dear All,

following heroic efforts by Alison, Chris and others, there are only two terms remaining in the C4MIP request that need new standard names. Both are simple variations of names that have recently been approved.

  1. nppStem Net Primary Production Allocated to Stem [kg m-2 s-1]

For the related variables nppOther and nppLeaf respetively, we have net_primary_productivity_of_biomass_expressed_as_carbon_accumulated_in_miscellaneous_living_matter, and net_primary_productivity_of_biomass_expressed_as_carbon_accumulated_in_leaves.

Adapting the latter for stems, I propose:

net_primary_productivity_of_biomass_expressed_as_carbon_accumulated_in_stems

2. fNAnthDisturb nitrogen mass flux out of land due to any human activity [kg m-2 s-1]

This is the nitrogen equivalent of fAnthDisturb which has standard name:

tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_carbon_dioxide_expressed_as_carbon_due_to_anthropogenic_emission

Following existing usage, this can be adapted as:

tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_nitrogen_compounds_expressed_as_nitrogen_due_to_anthropogenic_emission

Note, however, the discussion here: http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2018/060106.html, in which Jonathan has questioned this kind of use of "expressed_as".

regards,

Martin