⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fix Geostationary projection, including proposal for two new standard names

From: Randy Horne <rhorne>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 08:56:15 -0400

Hi Martin:

RE: I agree with Jim that a little more basic information is needed about what the angles are. I may be misinterpreting the discussion, but I had imagined that the angles as components of a spherical coordinate system centred on the satellite, with the nadir at (0,0) ... is that correct?

The projection_x_angular_coordinate and projection_y_angular coordinates are the angular distances from the satellite?s nadir in the E/W an N/S direction, respectively, from the ideal location of the imaging instrument in geostationary orbit.

v/r

randy

> On Apr 20, 2018, at 4:06 AM, Martin Juckes - UKRI STFC <martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> I agree with Jim that a little more basic information is needed about what the angles are. I may be misinterpreting the discussion, but I had imagined that the angles as components of a spherical coordinate system centred on the satellite, with the nadir at (0,0) ... is that correct?

Randy C Horne (rhorne at excaliburlabs.com)
Principal Engineer, Excalibur Laboratories Inc.
voice & fax: (321) 952.5100
cell: (321) 693.1074
url: http://www.excaliburlabs.com