⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fix Geostationary projection, including proposal for two new standard names

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 11:35:03 -0400

Daniel,

My two thoughts were independent. I agree that parametric coordinates
are more abstract, and thus possibly more confusing, than linear
coordinates. But, as Randy pointed out in his reply, the relationship
between the angles and longitude and latitude are quite complex. The
abstraction of parametric functions and parameters avoids the problem of
making definitions that are so specific that they aren't good for
anything other than the one geostationary projection. I also am happy to
admit to having made a less-than-perfect first pass at a definition.

Grace and peace,

Jim

--
CICS-NC <http://www.cicsnc.org/> Visit us on