⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Units of projection_x_coordinate values in "Geospatial projection"

From: Ethan Davis <edavis>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 13:07:28 -0600

Hi Martin, all,

OK. I agree we need to fix this.

As this has been a part of the CF spec for awhile, I think we need to
deprecate the current usage rather than just replace it. Similar to the
alias mechanism for standard names, the current usage would be clearly
indicated as incorrect but would remain part of the CF specification. I
think a deprecation note in the geostationary projection section is all
that would be needed.

I will put together a proposal for two new standard names and make an
initial stab at updating the text for the geostationary projection section.
That will give us a concrete proposal around which we can discuss this
deprecation approach.

Cheers,

Ethan