⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] how to use ocean_mixed_layer_thickness_defined_by_*

From: Sebastien Villaume <sebastien.villaume>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 19:04:26 +0000 (GMT-00:00)

Dear Jonathan and Roy,

thank you for your suggestions.

I am happy to go with a set of general standard names if it is fine with everyone. I find it actually useful to make the standard names reusable by not hard-coding one of the reference. It is pretty clear from the mixed layer definition that it is a difference with respect to the sea surface.

I am also happy to prefix sigma_theta and sigma_t with sea_water:

sea_water_temperature_difference (K)
sea_water_sigma_theta_difference (kg/m3)
sea_water_sigma_t_difference (kg/m3)

I will draft some definitions for tomorrow.

thanks!

/S?bastien