⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF conventions and netCDF4 groups

From: Charlie Zender <zender>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:00:54 -0700

All,

Thank you Daniel for mentioning the draft CF2-Group initiative.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KK6IZ2ZmpaUTVgrw-GlFd6almppjvGz6D7nxVTO3BtI/edit

Here is a brief update on CF2-Group:

1. The draft is part of the "CF2" effort.
2. It is compatible with most existing NASA and ESA satellite
    datasets, including S5P/TROPOMI mentioned by Maarten.
    It also supports ensembles, mentioned by Jim and David.
3. NCO fully supports it (S5P-testing identified some issues that
    we fix in the forthcoming NCO 4.7.4).
4. It was discussed, revised, and approved at the CF2 meeting in
    ~September and by NASA DIWG in ~December. However it is still a
    Draft document, and we expect more comments and feedback once
    we post it to the CF-list.
5. We will post it to the CF-list in tandem with a related CF2
    proposal (for swath data) once NASA DIWG votes on that, or by
    May 1, whichever comes first.

Comments and feedback are most welcome on the document.
Send me your e-mail/gmail to receive comment permissions.

Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(