⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF conventions and netCDF4 groups

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:16:00 -0400

David,

I don't recall there being a clear resolution. I think the difference
between the ensemble-oriented use case (which I believe is Charlie's
greatest driver) and the hierarchical use case may be big enough that we
may need to provide room for both. In the case that we provide room for
both, I think we would need a mechanism such as an attribute to indicate
which scheme was in use.

Grace and peace,

Jim

[image: CICS-NC] <http://www.cicsnc.org/>Visit us on
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc> *Jim Biard*
*Research Scholar*
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC <http://cicsnc.org/>
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information <http://ncdc.noaa.gov/>
*formerly NOAA?s National Climatic Data Center*
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org
o: +1 828 271 4900

*Connect with us on Facebook for climate
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate> and ocean and geophysics
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo> information, and follow us on
Twitter at _at_NOAANCEIclimate
<http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate>and _at_NOAANCEIocngeo