⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: Re: Clarifying standard names for 'mass_concentration_of_*_dry_aerosol_particles'

From: Daniel Neumann <daniel.neumann>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 18:23:18 +0100

Sorry for the relayed reply.

Replacing the one "in" by "as" doesn't sound correct. Doesn't need the
medium "in_air" be located in the end of the standard name?

Maybe the suggestion

 ? mass_concentration_of_particulate_ammonium_in_air

isn't that bad at all. We can extend it by pm10 as follows:

 ? mass_concentration_of_particulate_ammonium_in_pm10_in_air

In this extension we have, again, the ambiguity -- but at least not in
the non-extended version.

Or it would be resolved via

 ? mass_concentration_of_pm10_ammonium_in_air

What do you think?

Cheers, Daniel

e-mail: daniel.neumann at io-warnemuende.de