⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: Re: Clarifying standard names for 'mass_concentration_of_*_dry_aerosol_particles'

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 16:44:05 +0000

Dear Daniel

I see. So the new names would be of the form
  mass_concentration_of_ammonium_in_dry_aerosol_particles_in_air
I think that might be liable to misunderstanding. It could mean the mass
concentration of the ammonium within the aerosol particles, rather than
within the air. Your earlier suggestion
  mass_concentration_of_particulate_ammonium_in_air
does not have that drawback.

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Neumann <daniel.neumann at io-warnemuende.de> -----