⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Questions about correct standard_name

From: SCHERLLIN-PIRSCHER Barbara <Barbara.SCHERLLIN-PIRSCHER>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 13:36:06 +0000

Dear all,

I'd like to ask some questions about appropriate standard names of some variables:

I'm looking for the standard name of mean concentration of volcanic ash at specific altitude levels.
I used
mass_concentration_of_ash_in_air
but the CF convention checker realizes that this is an invalid standard_name.
Unfortunately, I did not find a valid standard name yet. Do you have any recommendations?

Furthermore, I'm looking for some standard names for variables related to radioactivity.
I used
deposited_activity_concentration (in Bq/m2).
and
time_integrated_activity_concentration_in_air (Bq s/m3).
The first variable contains information about the deposited activity concentration that depends on the type of the nuclide, time, latitude, and longitude.
The second variable contains information about the time-integrated activity concentration of different radionuclides at specific levels. It's dimensions are type of the nuclide, time, height, latitude, and longitude.
Do you have any recommendation concerning the standard names of these variables?

Finally, I need to define a variable that contains the information about the radioactive nuclide itself. I defined a character variable that uses the (invalid) standard name:
radioactive_nuclides
Do you also have advice for the standard name of this variable?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,
   Barbara

Dr. Barbara Scherllin-Pirscher
Fachabteilung Chemische Wettervorhersage/Section Chemical Weather Forecasts
Bereich Daten, Methoden, Modelle/Division Data, Methods, Models
ZAMG - Zentralanstalt f?r Meteorologie und Geodynamik
A-1190 Wien, Hohe Warte 38
Tel.: +43 1 36026 2380
Fax: +43 1 36026 74
E-Mail: barbara.scherllin-pirscher at zamg.ac.at<mailto:barbara.scherllin-pirscher at zamg.ac.at>