⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Use of valid_range etc. to indicate unsigned integers

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:53:51 -0600

I started a new ticket to split off the discussion of encoded unsigned
integers from ticket #166, add new integer types. I suggest discussion be
sent to the new ticket. "Comments are welcome."

    https://cf-trac.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/167

Quick summary of the current version:

* Add type short for this encoding method, as requested by Jim Biard.
* Deprecate the entire usage of valid_range, valid_min, valid_max to encode
unsigned integers, in light of new file formats and other alternatives.

Please excuse the delay in announcing this. I am just getting used to some
of the nuances of the trac system. I did not realize that new tickets are
not automatically sent to the CF general mailing list.

--Dave