⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Add new integer types to CF?

From: Charlie Zender <zender>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 20:20:31 -0700

> But perhaps you mean to keep the attributes but deprecate their use to
> indicate whether a data type is unsigned? That would be fine.

Yes, that is what I mean. We propose to deprecate the specific use of
valid_* to signify "unsignedness". Other uses of valid_* are unchanged.
However we have not reached consensus. One person (Dave A.) wants to
split the unsigned-workaround part from the new-integer-atomic-type
part, which is fine with me. The new types are logically independent
from clarifying the unsigned-workaround type.

Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(