⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Clarifying standard names for 'mass_concentration_of_*_dry_aerosol_particles'

From: Steven Emmerson <emmerson>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 08:37:45 -0600

Greetings,

Just a reminder from an obsessive pedant who favors standards.

The terms "mass concentration" and "mass content", while they might be
well-understood in some scientific disciplines, aren't universally
understood in all scientific disciplines. FWIW, I recommend looking at what
Canada and the US have done regarding standard names for physical
quantities. Section 8.6.2 of <
https://www.nist.gov/physical-measurement-laboratory/nist-guide-si-chapter-8>
is a good starting point.

Regards,