⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names for mean sea level change

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 08:01:01 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

Would the following changes (in bold) to the caveat make you more comfortable?

Global average sea level change is a calculated parameter and should NOT be understood as the global spatial mean of local changes in observed mean sea level!

I have no strong feelings about the position of the caveat in the definition.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.