⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard name for direction of wind gust

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 13:33:31 +0000

Hi Karl,

It would be far clearer to me if the same construct established for mean wind velocity were applied to gust wind velocity and I would prefer it if the existing constructs (used for currents as well as winds) were left as they are.

So, my preference would be for Stephane's suggestion to be accepted.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.