⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Sea water pH values: at standard or in-situ conditions?

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 10:18:36 +0000

Dear Matthias,

All I can say that is that in-situ conditions were my assumption when involved in the initial discussions on this issue. However, I would not rely on the Standard Name to convey such detailed usage metadata information. Its function is to describe what was measured rather than the details of how it was measured.

For many years I have been suggesting the development of O&M Process Document standard profiles to do this job properly. In the mean time all I can suggest is to use the Long Name parameter attribute if you need to label more explicitly in CF.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.