⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Overstated restriction on references to external variables in version 1.7

From: V Balaji - NOAA Affiliate <v.balaji>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 21:49:23 -0400

Thank you, Jeff. Indeed I request people on this thread to review Ticket
145. Several people expressed a strong opinion that we should not veer from
a narrow interpretation of netCDF files being "self-contained". The
exception was allowed for cell_measures because of the impact on filesize
and performance of 3D and 4D volume fields which would have to be repeated
in every file that used them as cell measures.