⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Overstated restriction on references to external variables in version 1.7

From: Bärring Lars <Lars.Barring>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:16:20 +0000

Hello Martin, David, all,

Martin raises an relevant point, even though it took me minute or two to see the difference.

Now :"The only CF standard attribute which is allowed to refer to external variables is cell_measures."
meaning that that only the CF standard attribute cell_measures is allowed to make reference external variables (as well as any non-CF standard attributes of course).

Martins suggestion: "The only attribute which is allowed to make a CF standard reference to external variables is cell_measures"
allows any of the 'free text' CF standard attributes to refer to external variables, but such reference will not be understood by software (as anything else in the free text attributes)

In both cases the intended meaning is preserved that a cell_method reference to an external variable will be understood by software.

I support Martin's suggestion.

Kind regards,
Lars