⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF compliant tripolar grid representation

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 12:04:25 -0400

David,

As I read the Conventions, the axis attribute is to be applied to
coordinate variables (Section 4. Coordinate Types and Section 5.
Coordinate systems) to indicate that this variable can be treated as
representing an dimensional axis of corresponding variable grids.
Section 5 paragraph 6 talks about how it is still possible to figure out
that an auxiliary coordinate variable is a spatiotemporal dimension of
the if the axis attribute is not present. I don't think a 2D auxiliary
coordinate variable can be considered to be a dimensional axis, can it?

Grace and peace,

Jim

--
CICS-NC <http://www.cicsnc.org/> Visit us on