⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Recording "day of year on which something happens"

From: Jon Blower <j.d.blower>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:15:14 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for this. I do find it a bit confusing but I guess we have to weigh up the impact of the possible confusion with that of introducing a new term. And if the term is to be taken as an exact synonym of ?sum? (in the CF context) then perhaps it only has cosmetic value (assuming that ?sum? is currently defined in such a way that it does the job we need).

What would people think if we introduced a cell_method of ?extensive? to mean a quantity that applies over the extent of the cell?

Best wishes,Jon