⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] dimension missing in examples on cfconventions.org

From: Hedley, Mark <mark.hedley>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:23:36 +0000

Hello Hella

this is just the place to raise this kind of issue, thank you for bringing it to us

I have checked the latest builds of the conventions document and these omissions are still in place
http://cfconventions.org/cf-conventions/cf-conventions.html#_contiguous_ragged_array_representation_of_time_series
http://cfconventions.org/cf-conventions/cf-conventions.html#_indexed_ragged_array_representation_of_time_series

it is my assessment that these are mistakes, I agree with you.

I have raised a ticket on the cf trac site and a proposed change on the cf github site:

https://cf-trac.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/161
https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-conventions/pull/96

i think this is the current change process, although that is in the process of changing

We will use these to follow through on this and enable others to review the content change, particularly giving opportunity for someone to explain to us why we are both wrong and actually the examples are encoded correctly, which may well be the case.

all the best
mark