⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Handling time when date is "missing"

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 12:34:42 -0600

Ajay,

It seems that you just contradicted yourself. First you asked how to
encode time coordinates when some measurements have time of day, but the
date is missing. Now you are saying that a valid date/time coordinate is
required. But a valid date/time coordinate is not possible without
complete date and time information for each measurement.

The comment from your data team suggests that you misstated the original
problem, and that the so-called missing dates can always be determined from
context. Please let us know if this is the case. If not, would you please
explain the apparent contradiction.

--Dave