⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New LUMIP variables

From: David Lawrence <dlawren>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:35:20 -0600

Jonathan Gregory requested that we list in text format. For each variable,
fields are Short Name, Proposed CFStandard Name, Long Name, and Units.

necbLut
surface_net_downward_mass_flux_of_carbon_dioxide_expressed_as_carbon_due_to_all_land_processes

net rate of C accumulation (or loss) on land use tile

kg m-2 s-1

nwdFracLut

area_fraction, plus a new area_type of vegetation_excluding_trees_and_shrubs

fraction of land use tile tile that is non-woody vegetation ( e.g.
herbaceous crops)1

mrsosLut

moisture_content_of_soil_layer

Moisture in top 10cm of Soil Column of land use tile

kg m-2

mrsoLut

soil_moisture_content

Total soil moisture

kg m-2

irrLut

surface_downward_mass_flux_of_water_due_to_crop_irrigation

cropland irrigation flux

kg m-2

fahUrb

surface_upward_sensible_heat_flux_due_to_anthropogenic_energy_consumptionAntanthropogenic
heat flux

W m-2

fProductDecompLuttendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_carbon_due_to_emission_from_anthropogenic_product_pool

flux from anthropogenic pools on land use tile into atmosphere

kg s-1

fLulccProductLut

carbon_mass_flux_into_anthropogenic_product_pools_due_to_land_use_land_cover_change

carbon harvested due to land-use or land-cover change process that enters
anthropogenic product pools on tile

kg s-1

fLulccResidueLutcarbon_mass_flux_into_soil_or_litter_pools_due_to_land_use_land_cover_change

carbon transferred to soil or litter pools due to land-use or land-cover
change processes on tile

kg s-1

fLulccAtmLut

carbon_mass_flux_direct_to_atmosphere_due_to_land_use_land_cover_change

carbon transferred directly to atmosphere due to any land-use or land-cover
change activities including deforestation or agricultural fire

kg s-1

fracOutLut

change_over_time_in_area_fraction

annual gross fraction of land use tile that was transferred into other land
use tiles

1

fracInLut

change_over_time_in_area_fraction

annual gross fraction that was transferred into this tile from other land
use tiles

1