⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Temporal nitpicks. Was: CF-metadata Digest, Vol 161, Issue 3

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 12:09:11 -0700

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Armstrong, Edward M (398G) <
Edward.M.Armstrong at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Sorry I misspoke. A ?Z? is required to identify the ISO8601 time stamp as
> GMT time. So I do agree with point #2 below?.

exactly.

> but adding a ?Z? seems to break the CF convention up to this point.

it doesn't break the convention to add the Z -- but NOT adding a Z means
something different in CF than in other contexts, which sucks, but it's too
late to do anything about that.

So it's all the more important to definel using "Z" as best practice.

-CHB

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov