⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Feedback requested on proposed CF Simple Geometries

From: Ethan Davis <edavis>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:17:34 -0400

Hi all,

Just a quick note on Chris' CF 2 question (until I have a bit more time to
think more fully on this discussion) ...

The EC netCDF-CF project that Ben mentioned is working on a number of CF
extension efforts that are looking to use features of the netCDF enhanced
data model. Those efforts will all target CF 2 rather than CF 1.x. However,
as with the Simple Geometries, we should also expect suggestions for
changes to CF 1.x spinning out of these efforts.

The CF-2 discussion has been pretty quite for awhile now. However, I expect
it will be more active as these various CF extension efforts start seeking
more community input and making proposals.

Cheers,

Ethan