⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] string variables and netCDF4

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 14:13:13 +0100

Dear Balaji

Yes, I believe so. Hence it needs to be treated with care. It means that data
written in this way could not be read by software that supports only the netCDF
classic model, doesn't it. We have to be satisfied that the benefit justifies
the drawback.

----- Forwarded message from V Balaji - NOAA Affiliate <v.balaji at noaa.gov> -----