⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Recording requirements expressed in standard name definitions

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:25:10 +0000

Hi Martin,

NVS delivers in RDF, so the knowledge would have to be served in the form of triples describing required relationships between Standard Names, such as:

area_fraction requires area_type

or between Standard Names and other CF controlled vocabularies in NVS like cell methods. I'll suggest spinning up a project to investigate what is possible and serve some examples.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.